The Wacky Adventures Of Josh And Chad: The 2026 Rothrock Fair!

 This past weekend was quite fun for me and my twin as the last three days, we got to hangout at our local fair here in McVeytown.

The Rothrock Fair has been something our little town has been trying to build these last couple of years and I think it is really cool to be able to be with friends and create strong bonds for the community.

Chad and I decided to check out all three days of the event as the fair was featuring a band for each of the three days. On Thursday the band Steel Ridge performed, then Friday, Chris Woodward and Shindiggin lit up the stage before last but not least, Hillbilly Diesel finished the weekend off. Thanks to all three bands for providing us with some great entertainment.

Of course, I can not talk about the Rothrock Fair without talking about the delicious food. There were plenty to choose from for me and my twin.

The first day, Chad and I met up at the Pretty Little Pancakes stand where Nick Knable and his wife Brooke and I got myself some cookies and cream pancakes and they were fantastic.

During the second day, I gotten myself a sweet soft pretzel with cheese of course 😁. The on the final day, Chad and I got ourselves some funnel cake courtesy of our friends at the McVeytown Fire Company.

We even won in some games during the three day fair as we both won at ring toss with me winning a knife while Chadman scored a bottle of diet Dr. Pepper.

But personally, my favorite part is getting to see many friendly faces throughout the weekend. Along with seeing Nick and Brooke, we got to meet up with Steve and Sue Feathers as well as David Pecht and his son Landon. We also got to chat it up with Alan Clark and his wife.

We also spent a little time with Lisa and Lindsay Sunderland and their family who were running the cake wheel. Unfortunately, I did not win any cake, there is always next year lol. Doug Boozel and Caleb Alexander of the McVeytown Fire Company were there to help provide food and to help raise funds for the Fire Company.

Ms. Himes who runs the local library here stopped by for a chat as well as some food. Also hung out with Hartman and Andrew Moist who coach one of the local youth football team here along with Lindsay Diven. I even got to see some faces I hadn't seen in a while, we got to see Brooke Sunderland who we hadn't seen in years and then we got to hangout with Alex Haines and his lovely wife Danielle.

Moments like these are always special and I appreciate them dearly. Times like this do not happen much nowadays, but when they do, it can bring so much for the community.

Thank you to all of the vendors at the event as well as all of the volunteers. Thank you for all that you do!

Until Next Time!

God Bless and Be Safe Everybody! 🙏🙏🙏

All Photos are Courtesy of The Rothrock Fair Facebook page!












Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wacky Adventures Of Josh And Chad: McVeytown Fire Company 18

Remembering Aunt Jane!

2009 Lewistown Panthers Baseball