The Wacky Adventures Of Josh And Chad: Fall Sports Season Is Here!
This past weekend marks a brand new season for Fall Sports. I had not one, not two, but three different football games to go cover for Hometown Sports.
The first one was this past Friday as I made my way back to good ole Mount Union High School to hangout and watch some football between them and the Tussey Mountain Titans. It is always good to see some familiar faces like MU Baseball coach Tim Hicks who joined me at the Press Box as well as coach Chuck Hand and Head Coach Jamie Brumbaugh along with many others.
I also got to see my cousin Cory who was a graduate of Mount Union and had a nice chat. Of course, I must admit, I was very happy to see the Trojans be healthy this season and pray that it stays that way. You see last year these poor guys got caught with the injury bug and could not finish the season.
The Mount Union Trojans though took care of business and came out victorious 42-7. Congrats to them and again praying for them to stay healthy this season.
Next up was Sunday afternoon where I got to head down to McVeytown where I covered two youth football games. It is always good to see these kids play the great game of football, especially since it is a community effort putting these games together. From the players on the field, the coaches on the sidelines, the officials, the people in charge of the concession stands and the families there to show support.
Which is why I love being a sports reporter among my other writing projects. I feel like doing this helps build communities whether it be youth sports, high school sports, college or pro sports. Reporting games like these are really fun for me and I love seeing the players whether the sport get excited and having fun and learning the importance of playing as a team because we need one another no matter what we do in life.
Plus, I have been doing this for over a decade now and I am starting to see that I am getting older too lol. I now see people that I have known for many years and now here they are with children of their own playing whatever sport is pretty cool to see.
The point is, I love to see more kids got out there and have some fun, but more importantly, make friends, make memories and learn to love one another. Doing so could possibly bring hope to many people and I hope when people read my stories, it brings them hope and enjoyment, especially in the crazy world we live in.
Good luck to all athletes in all levels!
Until Next Time!
God Bless and Be Safe Everybody! 🙏🙏🙏
Comments
Post a Comment