The Phantom (1996 Film)
Crazy to think that this movie is 30 years and in my humble opinion, still holds up today and it was The Phantom. This movie was based on the comic strip character which was created by Lee Falk all the way back in 1936.
The movie stars Billy Zane who plays The Phantom/Kit Walker and is joined by Treat Williams (RIP), Kristy Swanson, Catherine Zeta-Jones, James Remar, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (RIP) among many others.
Simon Wincer was the director of the film while the screenwriting was done by Jeffrey Boam who has done such great work like The Lost Boys, Lethal Weapon 2 and 3, Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade.
The story follows The Phantom as he learns that the evil Sengh Brotherhood as well as Xander Drax, a power-hungry business man trying to unite three skulls and take over the world.
Unfortunately, when the movie was originally released in 1996, it had received a mixed reviews by critics. Which was sad, but at the same time not surprising considering how many of the pulp fiction comic book characters were not as well known compared to superhero characters today.
Me personally, I really loved the movie and really appreciate the effort that was put in by Zane who played the main character of The Phantom. The film itself was simple and straight to the point, the action, the characters and the locations of the movie were incredibly done.
The jungle scenes were very enjoyable, but I was mostly impressed with the car chase scene in New York where The Phantom was jumping on the cars as they were driving along. I also loved watching the ending fight scenes between the Sengh Brotherhood and then with Drax.
Overall, I had a lot of fun watching this movie again, it has been a long time since I had last seen this movie. I saw it was on YouTube so Chad and I clicked on it and watched.
Give this movie a shot.
Until Next Time!
God Bless and Be Safe Everybody! 🙏🙏🙏
Comments
Post a Comment