Persona 5
It is crazy to think this game is 10 years old this year. Persona 5 came out back in 2016 being published by Atlus and follows a group known as the Phantom Thieves of Hearts as they battle against the corruption that have filled into the hearts of people in authority.
The story follows a young student who came to the aid of a young woman who was being attacked by a politician. The politician used his influence and framed the young man into being put on probation for a year. This young man would soon gain the power from Igor and his two assistants Caroline and Justine and eventually earn his codename, Joker.
This game is considered by many to be not only one of the greatest role-playing games ever, but one of the greatest video games of all time. And understandably so, the gameplay was amazing, I loved the concept, the story, the characters, the music and of course the Personas.
Speaking of the concept, I love the whole theme of fighting against corruption in the world. I mean being a young person when it first came out, we all have those dreams of self-discovery and ending the evil of the world. I know I certainly did, especially when it came to dealing with my depression.
The story was inspired by picaresque fiction and the personas were based on literally outlaws and rebels. Plus the idea of changing the hearts of people who are supposed to a positive influence on future generations, instead use their power for their own purposes and gain at the expense of the innocents was always appealing to me. Especially nowadays, I just don't really know who to trust anymore.
What I also love about the characters and story of Persona 5 is how they understand that there is corruption among them, but together they try to show people they we all can become better and give hope to the hopeless. These characters are so amazing because I can relate to how they are feeling, the whole I no longer have a place where I belong in today's society. But we all should still try and do some good in this world.
I also really enjoyed the personas in this game too and to be perfectly honest, I find some of them extremely entertaining. Personas like, Arsene, Captain Kidd, Carmen, Zorro, Robin Hood, Hecate, Loki, etc.
And much like Persona 3, I really enjoyed the music in the game. A real nice jazz sound to it.
I remember when it first came out how people just responded so positive to it. It certainly deserved its universal acclaim and again, the story just made us think and the characters were such a joy and relatable in a number of different ways.
What I also found interesting, was how this was the last game in the Persona series to have come out. I thought to myself a number of times how surely a Persona 6 will come out. Ten years later, it was announced that Persona 6 will finally come out, although it hasn't been given a release date yet at the time of this blog post.
But back to Persona 5. What a legacy it has among so many other incredible video games and whenever Persona 6 launches, it certainly has a lot to live up to that's for sure. But best of luck to Sega and Atlus.
Until Next Time!
God Bless and Be Safe Everybody! 🙏🙏🙏
Comments
Post a Comment