Nevermore: The Raven Effect (2025 Documentary)
This weekend, myself along with my twin Chad were chilling out on the streaming service Tubi and we saw that Nevermore: The Raven Effect was recently added to it. Being pro wrestler fans, we had always wanted to watch this documentary. The only problem was we didn't have it on Amazon, but now it was here and we were going to take full advantage of it.
Now again, this film was already a year old, so bare with me on this. Also, anyone that knows me when it comes to professional wrestling, I enjoy more of the actually wrestling part of it, I am not really into the hardcore style. That is with respect to those who do like my twin.
With all of that being said, I really did love the Raven character. Growing up as a kid I first saw Raven on WCW and just something about him I could relate to and honestly, I wasn't sure what it was. As I grew older, I soon realized why I did relate to him, I felt like an outsider and didn't fit in anywhere. And watching this movie, I really could not only relate to the character more, but the human being behind the act as well.
Needless to say, I loved this documentary, getting to see and learn about one of the best minds in recently memory of the business of wrestling. Getting to see where he came from, what inspired him to get into wrestling, his time in WWE as a producer, etc.
Of course, with it being ECW, there were plenty of crazy stories throughout the film, such as Sandman dying, only to be brought back to life and then just go and wrestle at a show in long after that.
The party scene of ECW and really just throughout his career was insane. My mind was completely blown with some of the craziness that was going on.
Getting to see Raven open about his addictions and other issues was really cool to see and I can relate to him getting on nervous when he was talking about them.
The one that really got to me the most was how he and his sister were talking about not feeling connected with their parents. It certainly brought tears to my eyes that's for sure and seeing him wanting to feel close them was really hard for me to watch.
You see, I am going through the same thing in my life, I want to be able to feel close to my parents, but it just feels as though we are not as close as I would like it. But there are a number of things I could talk about however, I want to get back to the movie.
I would have loved to see Stevie Richards on the documentary being a fan of his, but he chose not to be interviewed and I will leave it at that.
I am so glad, to see Raven in a much better place in his life and I pray he continues to improve each and every day. I also really enjoyed getting to see all of his fellow wrestlers talk about him as well. People like Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, RVD, Jericho, Blue Meanie, among many others.
Congrats on a tremendous career!
Go and check out Nevermore: The Raven Effect on Tubi. It was a great watch!
Until Next Time!
God Bless and Be Safe Everybody! 🙏🙏🙏
Comments
Post a Comment