The Wacky Adventures Of Josh And Chad: 2026 Yoder Family Summer Reunion
This past weekend was quite eventful to say the least for me as well as my family. My older brother Cody along with his lovely wife Christine and two little rugrats named Lukey and Ava came from New York to spend some time with us and join us for the Yoder family Summer reunion over at Greenwood.
As always, getting to see my niece and nephew is nerve wrecking for me and my twin. Mainly because we are both extremely socially awkward.
Well I must say though, Little Lukey was well behaved for a six year old. Of course he was spending most of his time creating whirlpools lol. And then, Miss Ava was just talking away with us and would be nonstop crawling around the house. Of course, poor Christine wasn't able to get many breaks as Ava just kept crying every time she walked away.
Of course, it was great to see my big brother Codeman. Don't really get to see or hear from him much, but when you are a big time video editor for Turner Sports, You got a lot going on 😁. Nonetheless, it was great to spend some time with him.
However, them coming over from Glen Cove was not the only reason as to why I was extremely nervous. We were all going to go to Greenwood for our family's Summer reunion. Now, normally, I wouldn't be this way, I always loved getting a chance to see my extended family and still was. But this time was a little different. You see, this year marks 40 years of one of the darkest moments in my family's history and it was the tragic passing of my Aunt Jane.
I wanted to write a little tribute piece in honor of her and I wanted to see if any of my family would talk about her. I was a bit scared to ask though because it was such a sad time for my father and his siblings. But after talking to Aunt Rhonda as well as Aunt Diana and Aunt Carol, many of them were happy to do it and I got a lot of cool stories about my Aunt Jane. Stay tune!
Afterwards, we all got to spend the rest of night sitting and chatting about how things were when my father was younger and getting to see the look on my nephew's face as he was trying to understand it all. You'll learn someday Luke.
To be honest with you guys though, my favorite moment was when my little niece Ava for some reason, kept crawling over to me and kept smiling at me. I wonder what she thinks of me. She had a tough time trying to lift herself, but thankfully Luke was being a great big brother and encouraged her.
Another thing I am thankful for is that they were able to get home safely. God Bless you guys! It was great to see you all!
Until Next Time!
God Bless and Be Safe Everybody! 🙏🙏🙏
Well done my twin
ReplyDelete