The Wacky Adventures of Joshua and Chad: Juniata College Football!

 What a way to start the weekend then with a little college football! This past Friday I got to go on a rare trip to Juniata College and got to cover some football for my friend/mentor Kenny Varner and Hometown Sports.

It is not too often I even go to Huntingdon let alone, Juniata College. But the few times that I have been there, it has always been a joy. I guess in a way it is probably because of the simple fact that I never went to college myself. So going to Juniata College is kind of a unique experience for me.

Juniata College is a small private liberal arts college in Huntingdon, Pa. It was created back in the late 1800s.

And the campus itself is very beautiful, if I didn't have to cover any sporting event, I would have loved to just walk around it. It probably be the closest I will ever get to being a college student lol.

But back to football! This was the third time that I got to cover the football team for Hometown Sports and each time has been a incredible experience. I have covered two day games so getting to cover my first college football night game was pretty fun.

Believe it or not I actually got to see a pair of familiar faces when I arrived at Chuck Knox Stadium. Which was named after a great coach who went to school there and later became a head coach in the NFL! Pretty amazing if you ask me!

Those familiar faces were Benjamin Grant who is the Assistant Athletic Director of Athletic Communications and leader of the folks working at the Press Box and Jeremy Uhrich who runs the music that is played at the games. Both amazing guys by the way!

I also got to meet Pat Coleman who helps run a college football website called D3football.com. Pretty cool dude and give his site a look see because this man puts in a lot of work.

As for the game itself, things did not the Eagles' way but nonetheless I really had fun being there at Juniata College. And I really hope that I can get back again someday. 

I just want to say thank you to both Ben and Jeremy as well the rest of the people of Juniata College. Everytime that I have gone there, it has always been a great experience and I hope to see again sometime in the future. I also encourage others to stop and enjoy some college sports there as well.

Until next time!

God Bless and Be Safe Everybody! 🙏🙏🙏

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?