Linkin Park

 In my humble opinion, one of the most influential bands of not only my generation, but of all time is Linkin Park.

Although they were formed back in 1996 under a different name. Linkin Park did not release an album under their  new name until 2000 with their debut album called  Hybrid Theory, heck it has been over 20 years since its debut.

And to they came out with a bang is putting it mildly. The album was certified gold within weeks of its launch and eventually found its way to 12x Platinum by 2020.

It is no surprise because of all the amazing songs that were on that album. Songs like, One Step Closer, Crawling, In the End, Papercut, just to name a few.

What of the things that I love about Linkin Park was their mixture of rap and rock sound. I grew up listening to rap groups and rock bands so hearing it mixed together was amazing.

Personally though, the lyrics by Chester Bennington had a major impact on my life. Listening to lyrics and hearing the voice of Chester singing still hits my soul even to this very day.

Heck hearing what he went through in his life and seeing him use his gifts as a way to help touch so many people's lives is truly a beautiful sight to be hold.

I really enjoy listening to the song Breaking the Habit, it has always spoken to me and video itself was incredible. Somewhere I Belong was another incredible song that I really enjoyed.

It still it a painful loss when I saw that Chester had killed himself. In fact, I can't believe it has been over five years since we lost both Chester and Chris Cornell (RIP). As someone who deals with mental health, it was heartbreaking to see what happened to them. 

I can not speak on what made them feel this way, but all we can do is pray and support their love ones who are affected by this.

With that being said, to anyone out there who are struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts, please seek out help and know that you are not alone and that you are loved and that there are people who are willing to support you in anything you do in life.

I also want to send a prayer to the other members of Linkin Park. I pray nothing but the best for you guys and wish all the luck with whatever you do in your lives.

Thank you so much Linkin Park for helping me and countless others were struggling with their lives. Again I pray for all you guys and for anyone who is struggling with depression and suicidal thought.

There is always hope!

God Bless and Be Safe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?