Command and Conquer Tribute

  What of the most iconic video game franchises in history in my humble opinion that I really, really, enjoyed playing was the great Command and Conquer series that was created and developed by Westwood Studios.

The first ever Command and Conquer game that was ever released was back in 1995 where you got to choose between two factions. The first selection being the UN funded Global Defense Initiative who is set out to eliminate quasi-state cult called the Brotherhood of Nod which is the other option you can select to play as led by the Charismatic leader Kane.

At the time, I was a little kid and didn’t realise it, but as I grew older I learned that the man who played Kane Joseph D. Kucan was also a producer who handled all the cutscenes for the games. And I must say, he did an amazing job playing the main villain character of the series. Kane is arguably one of the best villains in video game history and watching how Kucan portrayed him was also a joy to watch. It was one of those rare moments in any form of literature that someone just was born to be that amazing character. In fact, I just might make another post about this character lol.

But besides Kane, that was one of the major reasons that I really enjoyed playing all of these Command and Conquer games was the B-movie kind of cutscenes where it makes you feel like you're playing a role in the movie itself. Of course there were plenty of big names to have roles into the game. Such stars like James Earl Jones, Jenny McGarthy, Kelly Hu, Ric Flair, Randy Couture J.K. Simmons, Tim Curry, George Takei, Jamie Chung and so on and so forth.

The music for each game was very good, I really enjoyed the song Destructible Times by the band called I AM in the original Command and Conquer game which was used in the ending credits if you played on the Brotherhood of Nod campaign.

Unfortunately for me as well as many other gamers out there, the series came to a sad end. Now everyone has their own opinion on how things ended which is fine but I just want to be able to remember the good times of this amazing franchise. It’s a shame that a lot of the new generation of gamers who missed out on all the fun each of the different Command and Conquer series had to offer.

If anyone has an opportunity to play some theses classics, I highly recommend it. You will not go wrong.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?