The Joy of Football

 With both High School and College Football well underway and the NFL not far away off in the distance. It is a very exciting time for Football.

Football is one of my favorite sports to watch and has been for many years. Mostly because it is one of the few sports that me and my family get to sit down and watch together.

Another reason is that in my humble opinion is an excellent way to blow off some steam and help take the edge off on a lot of anger and frustration.

I have a done of respect for a lot of people who went out there a competed on any level of competition whether be from PeeWee, High School, College, Pro whatever. Football is a very physical and grueling sport and yet, it is so much fun!

There is a ton of different football going on inside my house with my family having differences on which teams to watch. Heck! It don't matter to me, I just look at it as more chances to watch football.

Whether, it be the Cowboys, Rams, Steelers, Eagles, etc. Or Penn State, Notre Dame, TCU, Alabama. It is never a time to watch football at our household. 😁 To be honest, I even watch Canadian Football and I loved watching the USFL and XFL. 

When it comes to football, I am more of a defensive guy myself. I prefer a solid defense. If I were a coach, I usually would base my defense on a 4-3. I remember guys like Bruce Smith, Charles Haley, John Lynch, etc. Currently I am a big fan of Micah Parsons.

Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of players I enjoyed to watch on the offensive side of the ball as well. In fact, most of them were running backs. As a kid I witness guys like Thurman Thomas, Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, etc.

In college, I always loved watching guys like Paul Posluszny, Sean Lee, Lavar Arrington, Navorro Bowman, Saquon Barkley, Michael Mayer. Some had a career in the Pros and some are still currently playing.

Where I am from we even have a semi-pro football team that plays after the high school football season is finished.

To me, although the most football I got to play was in the backyard or in gym class. I really love how football can bring people together. It showed me and many of my friends how important it is for us all to come together to achieve a common goal.

My love for Football also includes video games as well with such titles like Backyard Football, NFL Street series, College Football, the 2K games from the Sega Dreamcast. Of Course Madden is always a fan favorite. Another one I recommend is Techmo Super Bowl from back in the day.

Can not wait to see where everything lines up this new season of Football. Who is going to be the National Champions in NCAA, High School Football State champs and of course, the Super Bowl.

God Bless you guys! And Best of luck to all the different football teams out there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?