LonelyGirl15 (YouTube Channel) 20 Years Later!
Some of the younger generation made find this hard to believe, but things like YouTube and even the internet itself wasn't always what it is today. In fact, you can make the argument that this fun little show helped shape the platform to where it is now, in my humble opinion. It is called LonelyGirl15.
This is an American Science Fiction thriller web series which was created by Miles Beckett, Mesh Flinders, Greg Goodfried and Amanda Goodfried.
The story revolves around a young lady named Bree who is on the run from a mysterious and scary group called The Order who poses their "religion" called the Hymn of One.
LonelyGirl15 was presented through video blogs or vlogs with it originally being recorded with just Bree talking to the viewers.
When it was first launched in 2006, it quickly became popular with many viewers, at the time, believed that what they were seeing was actually real and that Bree was a real person talking about her daily life.
Now, I do not know if they intended the show to cause the media storm that it did, but it soon was ousted as a hoax. Which was how I was introduced to the show, everyone was talking about it so I decided to check it out myself. And I must say, I thought it was pretty cool. I love the whole concept of it where a group of young adventurers being chased by a crazy occult group.
Another reason as to why I liked it, was being a writer myself, getting to see people doing something that they loved and using a platform like YouTube and found success. It brought someone like me hope that maybe one day, people would get to see something that I had created and hopefully enjoy.
The character Bree became one of the first of what we now call viral stars or as the kids say it, going viral. Of course, at the time, none of us even thought of this and now, 20 years later, there are so many of us on YouTube creating content for people from around the world. Whether it be playing video games, music, movies, or even me with my little show, we are all trying to create something special for people to enjoy.
Congrats to 20 years!
Until Next Time!
God Bless and Be Safe Everybody! 🙏🙏🙏
Congrats on 20 years
ReplyDelete