Godsmack

  It has been a while since I had written about some of my favorite music that I love to listen to and since back in early 2023 it had come to my attention that Godsmack had released their final album called Lighting Up The Sky.

It's crazy to think that one of the bands that was a very part of my life growing up had created their final album. Of course as we all know, nothing lasts forever. Now to be fair, the band did say that they will continue touring long after the fact so that is cool to hear.

It is also crazy to think that Godsmack has been around since the mid 90s. And to see how far they have come is truly amazing.

Their debut album "All Wound Up" came out in 1997. But it was their next album "Godsmack in 1998 really hooked me in. The song that first really got my attention was Voodoo. Not as much the song itself which still is amazing to listen to even to this very day. But the music video for the song, it was so amazing!

Along with Voodoo, I really enjoy listening to songs like Whatever, Keep Away, Awake, Spiral, Vampires, I Stand Alone, Re-Align, Releasing The Demons, 1000HP, Under Your Scars.

But my personal favorite has to be Serenity. You guys have no idea how much I loved this song, every time I play that song it just takes me to another world where nothing can ever harm me, including myself. I would even go on record and say this song is one of the beautifully done songs I have ever heard.

I would also like to say, that Godsmack's unplugged show in the House of Blues was an amazing show that I still listen to today and I would dare go as far and say that it was one of if not the best Unplugged show ever. But that is just my humble opinion.

It is so cool to see these guys continue to produce music and these guys are also a reminder that appreciate this music now because you never know when it will all come to an end.

God Bless you guys! And best of luck in your future. 🙏🙏🙏

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?