Vince Lombardi

In my humble opinion, one of, if not the greatest coach in football history and his name is Vince Lombardi.

It has been over 100 years since Lombardi was brought into this world all the way back in June of 1913. Heck my grandparents weren't even born yet! 😄

I recently got to watch a couple documentaries on Lombardi and it has made me love and respect everything about him even more than I already did. Now obviously, I was not around during the Lombardi era but thanks to a lot of the older generation and the power of the internet, I get to catch a glimpse into what made Lombardi tick.

One of the things I really enjoyed about watching the documentary was how he used his motivation from past experience when he was looked down upon for simply being Italian. In a way, I can relate to that myself. But I loved how he used those experiences to helped him create a dynasty of a football team in a little town called Green Bay.  

What was so impressive about his run with the Packers was that he took a team that was 1-10-1 in 1958 and turned it around in his rookie season in 1959 and scored the Packers first winning season since 1947 with a record of 7-5. In fact, throughout his head coaching career, Lombardi had never had a losing record. Let me repeat that, he NEVER had a losing record in his NFL coaching record. 😲

Even more crazy was that a lot of those players that were on that 58 team before Lombardi got there were. All basically became hall of famers. Such great players Bart Starr, Paul Hornung, Forest Gregg, Jim Taylor, Jerry Kramer, Willie Davis, Dave Robinson, Herb Adderley, Ray Nitschke and so on and so forth.

Another thing that I admire about Mr. Lombardi was how he used his faith to guide him throughout his everyday life and helped bring everybody together. Even dealing with his anger, he always went to pray for control and ways to better himself.

Which honestly, I myself have been trying to do with my life. I took a lot from documentaries about Vince Lombardi. He knew he wasn't perfect but still tried his best every single day of his life to do the best that he can for not only himself, but with his players.

Even to this day, some of the players who were coached by Lombardi still use some of his teachings in their everyday lives which is amazing to see.

Honestly, his story has inspired me to try and better myself with everything I do and use it to help others and build something that we all can be proud of. I think we all can learn a thing or two from Vince Lombardi.

God rest his soul  🙏🙏🙏 Thank you for inspiring us all!

God Bless and Be Safe everyone! 

Here is a link to the Vince Lombardi website:

https://www.vincelombardi.com/

Here is a link to the Lombardi documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsUxTtRb054

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njlGLMYopLo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?