The Cranberries!

  One of my personal favorite bands to listen to and in my humble opinion, one of the best bands in music history. The Cranberries!

The Cranberries were formed in 1989 under the name of The Cranberry Saw Us but they had a different lead singer before Dolores O'Riordan came on board in 1990. Other members include Mike and Neil Hogan as well as Fergal Lawler.

They were one of the reasons why I truly enjoyed being a 90s kid. They were also a very important influence on my life and for that I am forever grateful.

It is no secret about my battles with mental health and self-harming, but the Cranberries helped me through a lot of those feelings. Even to this very day, when I turn on a song and hear Dolores' voice it makes me feel so safe and that there is beauty even in the more darkest of times.

Just to name a few, some of the hits that the Cranberries created were songs like Dreams, Zombie, Salvation and personally my favorite being Linger which was released back in the early 90s. WOW I feel old lol.

But going back to Dolores, she was such a beautiful soul and her voice and the stories told with the music was truly amazing. There was so much meaningful stuff she was talking about in her lyrics and I didn't realize how much they were helping me get through some tough times until I got older.

Just reading about her story and what she went through in her personal life and continuing to push forward was such an inspiration to me.

With that being said, it stung when I found out that she had passed away. I mean, it really hurt me deep inside. And I still can't believe that it has been a little over six years since the world lost such a beautiful soul. I miss the Cranberries a lot and still wish they were here playing. But pray for Dolores to be at peace and pray for her family and the other members along with many others who's hearts were touched by the Cranberries.

Thank God though we all can just look up the Cranberries and continue to play their amazing music on the internet and I encourage everyone to listen.

RIP Dolores! Love and Miss you and the Cranberries!

God Bless and Be Safe Everybody. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?