Mikey Whipwreck

 One of the constant themes some of you have read about in my blogs is how much I love pro wrestling. And recently I had finished watching a shoot interview from one of my favorite wrestlers and in my humble opinion, one of the most underrated wrestlers in Mikey Whipwreck.

Mikey was so special to me because of the simple fact that he showed me that someone like me who physically shouldn't be inside a wrestling ring. But there Mikey was inside the ring and everything he was doing was believable.

Whipwreck first burst onto the scene in the 90s in a little promotion called ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling). His character was a lovable loser type, yet he was totally awesome! Mikey would constantly get beat on a weekly basis and every single time, he would come back out and do it all over again. It is something that I will always find inspirational. For someone like me who physically struggle in some aspects, seeing a guy like Mikey keep coming back despite what he went through the previous week. long story short, Mikey Whipwreck was a major factor in reminding me that no matter how many times you fall down, always get back up. And I thank you for that Mikey!

And all of that hard work was about to pay off in a big way because Mikey soon began working with many of the top stars in ECW including major stars in Mick Foley who was Cactus Jack at the time and Steve Austin. Yes that Steve Austin who became arguably the biggest name in professional wrestling and Mikey pinned him to retain the ECW World title.

Whipwreck is an ECW Triple Crown Champion having won his first title the ECW Television title. He is also a three time ECW tag team champion winning twice with his mentor Cactus Jack and once with Yoshihiro Tajiri as the Unholy Alliance which in my humble opinion was a very underrated tag team. He was also a former ECW World Heavyweight champion. Having Mikey win the title was really such an inspiration to me because it gave me hope that someone like me to succeed in anything I do in life.

Plus, watching him in multiple interviews, Mikey always seem to be such a down to earth person. He always seem to be the type of person who didn't want to bury anybody. I never got to meet him, but sure would love to though. Mikey Whipwreck is the type of person that I try to be like in just when I was wrestling, but in life in general. And that was to be a guy who just wanted to live life the best I can and do my best to be a good person.

I recommend anyone that is a wrestling fan or not, to please go check out Mikey Whipwreck.

Until next time! God Bless and Be Safe! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?