Mark Martin

 In my humble opinion, one of the most underrated race car driver in the history of the sport. And that is Mark Martin.

Martin is one of the drivers that got into racing as a kid, although my family were huge fans of such drivers like Bill Elliot as well as Dale Earnhardt, what drew me to become a Mark Martin fan was simply because of how kind and caring of a person he was. Martin always seem to be an honorable person, who raced clearly and even to this very day I have not heard one person say anything bad about Mark which is really cool to see.

You can also make the argument that Martin is the greatest driver in Nascar history to have never won a championship in his career as well as never winning the Daytona 500 which sucks. But to be fair, Martin has come close several times throughout his amazing career.

In fact, Martin finished second in the point standings a total of five times to along with his 40 wins in Nascar's top league.

I recently watched a little documentary on a youtube channel Stapleton42 and I highly recommend you watch it where show off his old racing shop which was from all the way back to 1979. Sorry for making you feel old Mark.

But again, just watching this video and seeing how far that he had come from his days from the ASA to all the way to the Nascar Hall of Fame in 2017.

I would even go as far to say that I do not think Roush Racing would be where it is at today if it wasn't for Mark Martin putting them on the map. Again, just my humble opinion.

I'm glad to see Mark is still going out there and enjoying life and I really miss seeing him race. The sport certainly suffers without having someone like him. But I am thankful for the time I had watching him race. God Bless you Mark!

Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?