Happy Birthday Codeman! Love You

 Today is a very special day, it is because it is my big brother Cody's birthday. I don't have a lot of money for gifts. So I thought that this blog post could be his present and hopefully he will like it. Mainly because this is one of those things about being scared of opening up about things. Well, here we go.

Codeman was born on August 28th, 1986, the same year the Celtics came off winning the NBA title and the same season when Penn State won their last National title. So it is fair to say that big brother was born during a good time lol.

Some of my favorite and earliest memories being around my big brother came when we would play pro wrestling games starting with WWF Warzone. Personally, I miss the days where would were apart of the greatest pro wrestling video game faction of all time in D Revolution X which was created during the time of No Mercy. Made those days were a lot of fun 😢.

Now, here comes some emotional stuff. But yet again, I must remind myself that I can not be scared to talk about things. This is a little tough but here we go.

It is well documented that I struggled with depression and stuff. What a lot of you may or may not know was many years ago my big brother found and married the love of his life Christine. The two of them met at Penn State and I was so happy for him to be able to get married and now they have a son together named Luke and fuzzy and lovable pup named Macy!

I bring this up because of my biggest regrets was I fighting a very deep depression that night and I kind of stayed away from a lot of the festivities, including the fact that I wanted to give a little speak at his wedding but failed to do so for the reasons I said earlier.

But now, I would like to do that speak that I always wanted to do and I figured that this would be the perfect time and platform to do it. And I so hope Christine and Lukey are reading this because in my humble opinion you guys have no idea how lucky you are to have as a husband and as a father like my big brother and here is why.

This is the kind of person I know that is Cody. You see, many years ago, me and my brothers along with our mother decided to go down to the river to cool off from the heat. We little at the time and loved just swimming around, collecting muscles and skipping rocks. But this day was a little more scary for me and Chad as the river a little aggressive and we had a tough time holding on and we both kind of got caught by the current.

Now I can't really swim so me and Chad started to panic and the next thing I know I felt someone grab my arm and pull me up and it was Codeman. I just remember him calming me and Chad down and helped us slowly walk back to the shore. That is the kind of person my big brother is and I am forever grateful for that. There I finally said it! Been wanting to get that out for a long time. 😌

Years later he still is doing some amazing things, he produces videos for stations like CBS sports and Turner Sports for an example. Got to do highlight videos for Big Ten, WPSU, etc. And now he is an Emmy Award winning video editor.

God only knows how proud I am of him and what he has accomplished in his life. And I couldn't have asked for a better big brother than Cody. I love you so much!

Though we don't get to talk nearly as much and we don't always see eye to eye on things. But just know I truly do love you and appreciate you big bro! You are the best person that I have ever known! Keep being you and doing the amazing things that you always do.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CODEMAN 25! God Bless and Be Safe!

Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?