The Undertaker

 One of my personal favorite pro wrestlers and I dare say, one of the greatest period, is The Undertaker. It is crazy to think that it has been nearly 35 year since the debut of this awesome character. 

Fact fun, Undertaker had be wrestling even longer overall outside the WWE because you see, back in the old days of wrestling there were several different wrestling companies. And of course, we all got to start somewhere and Undertaker started off wrestling in his home state of Texas wrestling for the World Class Championship Wrestling in the late 80s and the rest as they say was history.

Another fun fact was that the Undertaker made his WWE debut back in 1990, which is also the same year me and my twin brother Chad were born. So I always thought that was really cool.

Fast forward years later, the first time that I got to see the Undertaker was during the time he was leader of the Ministry of Darkness trying to marry Stephanie McMahon. Which as a little kid, I was scared stiff and yet, it was awesome at the same time.

Just the sight of him was incredible. I mean the guy was wearing a black rope while standing nearly seven feet tall and weighted over 300 pounds, yeah you can't get anymore frightening than that!

Heck! I remember watching Taker literally jump over the top rope like he was a cruiserweight and land on a guy to the outside and it completely blew my mind. I always did enjoy watching him do the move old school which is a move where he would take a guy by the arm and walk onto the top rope and move along the rope before dropping a massive club to the head of his opponent. Of course, you got the Chokeslam as well as the Tombstone Piledriver. Which can you really come up with a better name for a finishing move?

The character itself was amazing! The whole dark and mysterious character and as I grew older I learned how the man himself Mark Calaway was the same way which was really one of the main reasons why that character got over. I mean again, the guy was nearly seven feet tall, over 300 pounds, long black hair pale skin and covered in tattoos

It is sad that his long career is over but the memories will always be there in my mind and in my heart. And also because of the WWE network.

Also I really love listening to his podcast Six Feet Under which you can watch on Youtube.

Rest assured, I do plan on writing more Undertaker stuff soon lol. But until then, I shall rest in peace lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?