The Boondocks Saints

  One of my favorite movies I truly enjoyed watching was the Boondocks Saints which was released all the back in 1999.

The story is about two Irish American twin brothers Connor and Murphy MacManus who seek to rid the evil from the city of Boston. Along the way they are being pursued by FBI agent Paul Smecker.

One of the reasons I enjoyed this movie was that it was about twin brothers because I myself have a twin brother so that was a plus lol.

Another reason was that the fact it was inspired by a real life experience from writer and director Troy Duffy while he was living in LA. 

I can really relate to that because where I'm from I see a lot of evil. Drugs, Junkies, people showing no respect one another over stuff that is greatly exaggerated or just a flat out lie. Criminals who seem to be able to do whatever they want and get away with it. I do admit that I often ask God why is there so much torment in this world? Why can't people just love and understand one another? 

Know I understand that this is a movie and probably not the best why to handle things. But basically this movie help me with a lot of frustrations.

I loved watching how ridiculous some of the situations that the MacManus twins get caught up in as they try to rid Boston of the criminal underworld. They remind me of me and my twin, they always seem to bicker with one another.

I love the Rocco character and William Defoe as agent Smecker was so funny and I could not stop laughing at Doc McGinty who has tourettes and non-stop swearing. It was so over the top it was tremendous lol.

For anyone who has not seen this movie, I highly recommend it though it is not for all ages. And if you have watched this movie before, I also suggest you watch again because it is just as funny the 100th time as it was the first time watching it.

Enjoy the movie guys and gals, and remember. Veritas and Aequitas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?