Sonic The Hedgehog

  One of the first video games I remember playing as a kid and still enjoy to this day is Sonic the Hedgehog.

Originally created in the early nineties by programmer Yuji Naka  and artist Naoto Ohshima who at the time were working for Sega.

Sonic was basically Sega’s way of trying to compete against Nintendo and their famous character Mario.

The first Sonic the Hedgehog game came out of for the Sega Genesis and to say that it made an impact, would be an understatement. 

I remember playing this as a kid, and I just loved it. What was unique about Sonic was the speed of the character. The level designs were also incredible especially for the time, just watching that speedy blue hedgehog race through each stage was definitely enjoyable to watch. Though I must confess, the drawback to that was you never really got to appreciate all the artwork and graphics of the game.

And of course, there were more games to follow for Sonic and his friends as they continued to fight for freedom against the evil Doctor Robotnik or Eggman as some like to call him.

Out of all of the sonic games I enjoyed, was Sonic Adventure 2 for the Sega Dreamcast. In my humble opinion, to me this was not only peak Sonic, but peak Dreamcast and peak Sega as we all know that the Dreamcast sadly was killed off and Sega took a massive hit.

Despite all that Sonic was able to survive and join in some legendary video games with Nintendo. Games like Super Smash Brothers and Mario vs Sonic Olympic Games just to name a few.

The latest Sonic game I got to play was on my PS4 called Sonic Forces. And to be honest, I really did enjoy it. Now Sonic games haven’t really been as good as they once were, but I truly did enjoy this game.

Now another reason I enjoyed Sonic was that he had some amazing cartoons when I was a kid. From the original Sonic the Hedgehog, to Sonic Underground and of course Sonic X.

I hope that Sonic can continue to thrive in this industry and hopefully find a new generation of fans. Remember everyone he is the fasting thing alive 😁


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?