Madden Football

  One of my personal favorite video games to ever come out as a video game nerd is the Madden Football franchise.

These video game series is older than me lol! Madden first made its appearance back in 1988 on a computer. The Apple II to be more precise. And the rest they say is history.

I loved playing this game so much because I got to be apart of an NFL franchise, so to speak. But I also got to spend time playing with my older brother Cody and his friends.

As the series evolved throughout the years, Madden has help set the standard of what a football game should be. A lot of that credit should go to the late great John Madden who pushed for a realistic football video game. Another person that a lot people may not know about either is a guy name Trip Hawkins who if it wasn't for him, the game may never come to existence.

Even though it was for pretend, I really enjoyed being apart of a football team. Although I never played football myself, it is always fun to be able to draft players, scout players, hire/fire coaches, designing plays, heck in recent entries where you can relocate a team to another city and sort of create your own team.

Personally I would like to see the ability to create your own team from scratch like an expand team. Also it would be really cool to learn and play historical moments in NFL football history. I remember being able to go through a career mode where you could be some of the greatest players of all time as went as some of the most legendary coaches in NFL history. You know, guys like Tom Landry, Vince Lombardi, etc.

Madden has also been one of my favorite things to watch in terms to e-sports where players compete for cash prizes and other stuff.

I know in recent history Madden and EA have come under heavy fire but regardless, I am just thankful for the memories of playing Madden Football as well as other football games.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?