Black Sabbath (Metal Band)

 Some of you might be a little bit surprised by this and I do admit, I am a bit scared to talk about this. However, I must continue to face my fears and be more open to people. And one of those things is the kind of music I like, which to be fair I really enjoy all kinds of music. But the kind of music that has been a heavy influence on me was heavy metal and it don't get any better for the metal genre than the ones who started it off. And they are called Black Sabbath.

Sabbath has been around since 1968. Yes, you read right, this band has been around for a very long time and they have never disappointed. Black Sabbath has a grand total of 19 studio albums with the first being "Black Sabbath" back in 1970 and last album being "13" which was back in 2013.

These guys are one of the greatest selling bands of all time among metal bands and were ranked number one by MTV among metal bands. They were placed second by VH1's 100 Greatest Hard Rock bands as well being among the top 100 artists of all time regardless of genre. Sabbath was inducted in the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2005 and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2006. They have won Grammys and in 2019, Black Sabbath was given the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award. So Yeah! These guys are AWESOME!

What I love about the band was the whole Occult themes that they have used along with the Horror film style of lyrics. Which makes sense because they got their name from the Italian horror film of the same name which aired back in 1963 starring the great Boris Karloff.

Another reason why I love Black Sabbath is the simple fact that not only were they successful with one lead singer, they were successful with multiple lead singers. Guys like Ozzy Osborne, Ronnie James Dio and Tony Martin just to name a few and yet they have found success.

Some of my favorite songs I like to listen to like Headless Cross, Iron Man, Heaven and Hell. The song titled "Black Sabbath" is one of the most scariest songs out there. But honestly, I love the song Paranoid the most mainly because I can relate to the lyrics having dealing with anxiety my whole life.

I am writing about Black Sabbath for another big reason, and that is the simple fact these guys are getting older and we have lost some members along the way and I just think we all should be grateful for having bands like this exist because without Sabbath, I am not too sure where metal would be at in the world of music.

It is bad enough that metal gets this unfair reputation that it does from the "Mainstream" but to see someone be able to breakthrough like they have is incredible and it truly be a sad day in the music world when they are all gone.

Keep on rocking Black Sabbath!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?