Why I Love Pro Wrestling

  This maybe to no one's surprise, but I am a major dork lol. And one of those dorky things that I hold dear is my love for Professional Wrestling.

I was just a little kid in the mid 90s when I first saw a glimpse of my first pro wrestling with a little show called WCW Saturday Night when I got to see a wrestler "A man called Sting".

From there onward, I became a huge fan of professional wrestling and grew up during one of the biggest boom period in wrestling history in the Monday Night Wars where the WWF (Now WWE) battled it out with rival WCW. It was such an interesting time for me and brothers because we really didn't have a favorite one over the other as we had multiple wrestlers we enjoy watching. For example, I'd loved watching Sting fight the NWO as well as watching other wrestlers like Raven and his flock, Harlem Heat among so many others. But I also loved to watch WWE wrestlers like Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Mick Foley, Kane and the Undertaker.

Then I got to witness a third pro wrestling company on a small channel called TNN in the form of ECW where I got to watch wrestlers like Tommy Dreamer, Justin Credible, Mikey Whipwreck and so many others. Sadly, ECW did not last long on the network.

After both WCW and ECW went out of business, all that was left at least I thought at the time WWE was the only pro wrestling to watch.

Thank God, I was around an older crowd who educated me in the history of Pro Wrestling and that there was more out there other than WWE. I got to learn about companies like Ring of Honor, Impact Wrestling, PWG and even companies outside of the US, like New Japan Pro Wrestling, All Japan Pro Wrestling, Pro Wrestling Noah just to name a few.

As I grew older I began to do a lot of research on Professional Wrestling and realize that at one point in the US alone there were so many different promotions which makes me wish I grew up in a different time period lol.

Personally, the biggest reason I love watching professional wrestling is as a writer, I love to create characters and tell stories. I get to be someone different like I was in a movie or some kind of soap opera. Plus it does even till this day, feels like a sporting event where everyone is trying to become a World Champion kinda like when I watched the Rocky movies. Plus, I always thought it be cool to be a hero to someone.

I hope to get to write more about Pro Wrestling here in the near future because there is so much more to talk about. But until, take care everyone and be safe out there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?