Nirvana

 One of the most influential bands of not just my life, but in music history in general is the world famous grunge band Nirvana.

Hard to believe that it has been 20 years since Nirvana ended. It is still sad knowing that Kurt is no longer with us. What this band was able to do in such a small time truly was incredible and am I so thankful for the internet because I can listen to them anytime I want.

I grow up around an older crowd and that was pretty much the reason how I was introduced to Nirvana along with several other musicians throughout the early 90s.

Overall, the band has over 75 million albums sold worldwide making it one of the best selling bands of all time.

Which is not surprising because Nirvana has amazing songs 😁. Smells Like Teen Spirit was certainly their biggest hit to the mainstream audience, but don't get me wrong, it is an amazing song. But for me personally, I really enjoyed the songs Come As You Are and Lithium. Of course Heart Shaped Box was incredible as well as songs like All Apologies, About A Girl, In Bloom, Polly, Breed, Something In The Way.

As mentioned earlier in the blog, I also really love the fact that I can listen to them perform on the MTV show called Unplugged. If you haven't watched it I highly suggest that you do so because was incredible to watch, in fact I say that it still is incredible.

Then finally in 2014 Nirvana was inducted into the Hall Of Fame and it was so cool to see it happen and heck, I can't believe it has been ten years since that happened already. Time really does fly does it not?

I still miss Kurt, his lyrics and the way he told amazing stories with his music have always been an inspiration to me as a writer and I would love to be able to inspire others the way he and Nirvana did. I am also so proud to see both Kris and Dave to be able to find continued success after the band was over.

 Rest In Peace Kurt 🙏🙏🙏

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?