Magic The Gathering! Trying Something New!

 As the title says, I have been trying to get out and try some new things and one of those new things that I have always wanted to do was playing a card game called Magic The Gathering. It was created by Richard Garfield.

It's crazy to think that this game started back in 1993 and I just recently decided to learn how to play it. One of reasons why I didn't play it was I didn't know anyone who played the game.

I remember playing many other card games growing up as a kid like Pokemon and Digimon cards just to name a few.

I have always loved and appreciated the artwork that went into creating these cards. But unfortunately, a major reason as to why I haven't tried and play it for a long time was because, it just seem so complicated. And so far, I am having a tough time learning it. But I am thankful for some of my friends who are helping me. I feel bad because I know I can be frustrating sometimes for people because I can be pretty slow in the head.

I am currently learning to play the Commander format, but as I have been studying the history of Magic The Gathering, I discovered that there are several different formats to play. But I think I will still with Commander.

There are five different colors you can use, White, Black, Blue, Red and Green. Each has their own abilities that you can use to defeat your opponent(s). You can use a single color deck or any combination of the five colors. I decided to use a combo deck of White and Black.

Hopefully this can be the start of something special because I really am trying my best to start being out more and trying to connect with people which sadly I always seem to struggle with. But again, I got to try.

If you are where I am from or near Lewistown Pa, you can get your Magic The Gathering cards at the local shop that I go to called Moon Dragon. Here is the website, https://moondragonden.com/

But if you want to learn more about Magic The Gathering, you can go to the MTG Arena site. At https://magic.wizards.com/en.

Until next time! God Bless and Be Safe! 🙏🙏🙏

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?