Interview With Musician Hayden Snook

 Hey everybody! I am really excited to do this interview for my blog because it involves a guy that I have been friends with for a while now and to see where he has come from since the start of his singing career has really been special to see. His name is Hayden Snook.

JY: What inspired you to become a musician?

HS: I would say that having a lack of an outlet to express myself and how I’m feeling is what inspired me to become a musician. This gave me a way to express myself without fully outright saying it. Learning guitar myself and songwriting gave me that outlet. I always loved music, especially because of how much it really is art. Art can be left up to interpretation, so though when I write a song and play it, it may have my meaning, but it can also touch someone else in a different way. That’s cool. My experiences and my emotions can be put into music.

JY: Best way to describe your music style?

HS: Best way to describe my music style is a mix of Country/Folk/Rock. However, most importantly, my music will always honor Christ in some way. Even if the song doesn’t say it or isn’t your typical worship song, Christ will always be in all the songs I write.

JY: Who were your musical influences?

HS: My musical influences vary, however I would say that I’ve found inspiration from Chris Stapleton, especially the way he performs. He comes out, doesn’t say too much, just plays with his band and sings his heart out. I love that. His songwriting is also so much deeper than people realize at times. I grew up also listening to Casting Crowns. I’ll never forget the feelings I felt when I first heard their song “Praise You In This Storm”. That song has gotten me through MANY dark times in my life. Many others I have drawn inspiration from: Christian artists like Zach Williams, Ben Fuller, Kings Kaleidoscope, Chris Tomlin, NeedToBreathe, and secular artists like Post Malone, Johnny Cash, Sturgill Simpson, Caamp, Mt. Joy, Darius Rucker, Judah & The Lion, etc…

JY: What was it like creating your first song Temples Fall?

HS: It’s pretty cool the story behind Temples Fall. It was one of the first Christian songs I wrote after coming back to Christ in 2020. I was reading John 2 and Christ entered the Temple where the Pharisees were essentially making a mockery of it. Allowing sales and other things to take place there. Jesus shouted to tear down the Temple and that he would build it back up in 3 days. I thought to myself, isn’t that what we do as humans? We take our temple (our bodies/lives) that God gave us, and we make a mockery of it, we fill our lives with sin and don’t respect what the Lord gave us. But we can build our temple back up through Christ. And that is what Temples Fall is about. Tearing down the walls of your own heart, and letting Jesus come rebuild you. It was amazing how people connected to the song. Jordan Krepps ended up reaching out about creating it and making it a real song with real professional production. We did the thing, and now it has over 15k streams across all platforms. Praise God for that.

JY: What was it like performing in front of people?

HS: Performing in front of people is a rush like no other. I was always good at public speaking, and I wasn’t afraid to do this, but the main difference is that public speaking, you’re not there to entertain, but with performing music, you are there to entertain in some way. It really also depends on the setting, if you ask me what it’s like to perform at Church on our worship band, I would say that it’s honestly very comforting and moving. Seeing people worship with you as you sing praise to God is amazing. Wouldn’t trade that feeling for anything. If you’re talking a festival like Agape Fest, it was similar to church, but we mixed entertainment with worship. We wanted people to have a good time, but also know that we are there for the Lord. If I’m playing out at a brewery, my number one goal is to be there if people want to listen, but if they don’t, my role is to fill the empty sound space of an environment like that. Regardless, I always pray that the Lord will be with me in any show I do.

JY: You got to perform at the Agape Festival, what was that like?

HS: Agape Festival was awesome. It was so cool to see those who came to listen under the tent, and also see those who were just camping around the tent and listening to what was sang and said. That crew is amazing and they were so much fun to work with. It was a blessing to have that opportunity to play at Agape Festival. I pray for continued prosperity for that camp.

JY: Any future plans for your music career?

HS: My music “career” is so fresh, I don’t know where it is headed, but if I am lucky enough to continue to spread Christ’s message through music, I’ll continue to do that. Wherever the Lord takes me I will go, even if it’s just playing local.

If you would like to support Hayden and his music you can visit him at Hayden Snook music on Facebook. I would also like to say thank you to Hayden for his time to answer my questions. Hope you all enjoyed this little interview.

Until Next Time! God Bless and Be Safe! 🙏🙏🙏

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?