Halo Series

  One of the best video games I ever remember playing growing up was a little something called Halo. This game was a first person shooter that came out on the original Xbox all the way back in 2001. This was my introduction to the group of developers called Bungie.

To be perfectly honest with all of you guys, I can not believe that it has been that long since Halo first came out. Man time really does fly when you are having fun! And I had plenty of fun playing the Halo Series.

Halo is a sc-fi game where you mainly play as the Master Chief who looks to stop an evil Alien group called the Covenant from destroying the human race.

Like I said before, I can hardly believe that this game first came out back in 2001. However, at the time, not many people really seem interested in playing Halo. But when it came out, it just exploded in terms of popularity and I would even dare say that the Xbox made not be as big as it is today if not for games like Halo. I would even say that many people got the Xbox just to be able to play Halo. I know I did with my two brothers.

One of the craziest things that I had ever experience as a video game fan was witnessing the madness that was Halo 2. Now Halo 2 is considered by many to be the greatest game ever made on the original Xbox. However, I was more surprised by the hype for the launch of Halo 2. 

You see, one of my favorite things to watch growing up as a kid was a video game show called Xplay. And they were doing a special show where basically everybody from G4 were waiting for the Mid-night release of Halo 2.

All I could say was holy crap there was a lot of people in line! Not just that, but just seeing how crazy fans were being over a video game. Now, I obviously did not grow up during the arcade days when they were at their peak or even some of the big names from back in the 80s, but again, I just could not believe the emotion that a video game could bring out of people like Halo 2 did.

But Halo never stopped growing, in fact it has done more than just be video games, it basically became our generations' version of Star Wars, which is awesome too!

Halo has now done novels, comic books, live action movies, a tv series, anime, you name it, Halo is somehow involved with it and it really is amazing to see how much Halo has grown now from times of my youth.

I am really interested to see how far this franchise can go as Halo Infinite came out back in 2021 and the television series came out in 2022.

But no matter what will with Halo, I will always have a special place in my heart for the series as it has brought a ton of special moments in my life and I thank God for it!

God Bless and Be Safe out there everyone!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?