Valentine's Day (Romance is in the Air)

 Ah! Valentine's Day. It is a very special day to many people around the world as a day to celebrate love and romance. 

It actually was originally a Christian feast day which honored St. Valentine of Rome who was imprisoned for ministering to Christians under the Roman Empire in the Third Century. Many stories associated with St. Valentine involve the theme of Love as well as the tradition of St. Valentine performing weddings for Christian soldiers who forbidden to be able to marry because of the Roman Emperor. An interesting part of the story was how St. Valentine wrote a letter to the jailer's daughter which said from "Your Valentine" as a farewell before being executed.

Romance has been an interesting thing to me. It is something I humbly believe we all search for but no one ever truly masters it. It is something we all try to explain but never can. We all try to make it look simple, but it has been simple and it never will be. Mainly because we find different ways to be romantic or we are not always attracted to the same thing.

Which in my humble opinion, I believe many of us, myself included are struggling out there in the world with finding love. A lot of which of course is we struggle to love ourselves so how could we love anyone. But we also struggle to figure and more importantly accept what we find attractive.

Unfortunately I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that people can sometimes feel embarrassed with what they may like and worried that people will judge them I know that I struggle with this problem. I also didn't really explore the idea of romance a lot till after I graduated from High School. Sadly being sheltered didn't help but now that I am trying to break out into the world.

But there out my research, it has led me to a lot things like novels talking about finding true love and adventure like a knight saving the princess. Or even gothic romance novels like Dracula, Carmilla, etc.

There are tv shows, plays and movies that many people love to see too. Whether it be a soap opera like Guiding Light, General Hospital, Phantom of the Opera and Sleepy Hollow.

Video games and different kinds of anime have also graced us with plenty of romance as well. For example, games like Mass Effect, Fire Emblem Persona and even the Sims where you can meet and fall in love with other characters.

Music is anyway people can express their emotions. Who doesn't like to play a little Luther Vandross to help set the mood 😍 or maybe some Bad Company if you feel like making love.

What I love about romance is passion that is displayed between those who are in love, a lot of which is I wish I could be that way.

Some of my writings, I have notice had become very romantic and I often wonder how the heck I even thought about this. I would love to be able to showcase these writings, but sadly I am still trying to overcome some fear of how people will respond to some of the stuff. But at the same time, I have become more and more comfortable in some things and I am still finding myself when it comes to romance.

But the only concern I will mention is I do worry that many people are losing sight of what true love and romance really is. People believe that they want certain things in any relationship but is it what they really need? I would often see people together who don't seem very happy together, but for whatever reason stay together.

With that being said, I would like to stay positive about this subject. And that I pray for all of us to find the one we truly love and find that special kind of romance.

God Bless and Be Safe everyone! 🙏🙏🙏

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?