Horror Movies!

 Who doesn't love a good scary movie? And what better time of the year to do so than whole month of October for the Halloween season!

Now most of the people I know pretty much turn their heads and laugh or always ask me how can you watch this stuff?

The answer is very simple, I love the mysticism of them, the lore, the wonder what could be out there in the night. It is a very scary thought, don't get me wrong. 

Another reason is my own curiosity of the unknown, there is so much stuff out there in this world that we do not know nor understand. Let alone in the entire Universe.

In my humble opinion, some of the best storytelling in any form of literature have come from the horror/gothic genre. I say this because these stories showcase what we humans are capable of doing to one another as well as to ourselves when it comes to having great power. 

And I also believe in the Supernatural and that there is somethings happening all around us and we just don't see with our own eyes.

There are so many classics such as Frankenstein, the Wolf Man, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Hitchcock's Psycho, The Exorcist, The Shining and my personal favorite, Dracula.

Of course there have been some more recent movies that have stand the test of time as well like Aliens, the Predator, Nightmare on Elm St, Friday the 13th, Halloween, etc. 

Now, not all of these movies are super scary. In fact, I remember some of the stuff from back when I was a kid that Casper the Friendly Ghost, the Addams Family and Scooby Doo.

So remember everybody, turn down the lights, get your popcorn and if you have someone with you, hold them tightly. LOL

Enjoy the movies!

God Bless and Be Safe!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?