Angle Documentary!

 I just finished watching a documentary on Peacock about one of my favorite pro wrestlers of all time in Kurt Angle aka the Olympic hero.

I can not recommend this documentary enough. I was always a major fan of Kurt Angle and after watching this made me have a whole new level of appreciation for him as a human being.

The story starts during his time growing up in the "Steel City" of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. One of the first things you get to known about was the unfortunate passing of his father after a construction accident.

Losing a love one is never easy, but seeing him play the game of his life during a high school football was truly incredible to see. Using that to help drive him to success in wrestling as well which led him to Clarion University.

Another interesting moment was when Kurt talks about his time with a wrestling club named Team Foxcatcher where he trained under Dave Schultz who many claim is the greatest US wrestler of all time.

I do remember watching some documentary about Foxcatcher and listened to Kurt talk about on his podcast about it and to say things were out there would be a very big understatement.

Sadly Kurt and many other who loved Dave lost him after being killed by John du Pont which my thoughts and prayers to everyone who love Dave. RIP Dave Schultz.

But again Kurt used that to drive him on his quest to become a Gold Medalist. Watching his struggles throughout US Open was interesting especially seeing the footage of how he broke his neck which was not easy to watch.

I admire how he still manage to win thing but holy crap man! Listening to him about how many shots he took to his neck just to get through that and the Olympics. I was sore just listening about it. Heck! I still am amazed about his workout routine which would probably cripple me.

But to see him smile and be filled with joy after winning the Gold Medal honestly made me cry a bit.

Obviously I knew more of him as a professional wrestler which I don't really think Kurt has ever really had a bad match. His intensity was insane. He truly was the wrestling machine. It wasn't long for me to become a Kurt Angle.

What really got to me emotionally was when he talked about his little sister who had passed away and to see him go through and then have a major neck injury to along with it. I can't even imagine the pain of that.

Then to see him struggle with pills and stuff really made me feel sorry for him and his family and I was so happy to see him and his family very happy and healthy.

Now he is a WWE Hall of Famer which in my humble opinion that there was no doubt in my mind that would be one because Angle truly deserved it.

Please watch this documentary it is called Angle and it is on Peacock. You can also check out the Kurt Angle Show podcast that is on youtube. Kurt also has his on brand called Chxn Snx which you can get at physicallyfit.com.

God Bless you and your family Kurt and thank you for being such an inspiration!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?