The Raven Eclipse

As I sit along the river, surrounded by nothing but darkness, wondering what is the point of life. My body is shaken, yet I feel so numb.


I keep trying to convince myself that things will be alright and that it can only get better from here. But who am I kidding? Things will never get better, there is no hope for someone like me.


I pull out my knife and gazes into its shiny reflection and all that I can see is a miserable man who never had a chance in life and never understood the point of his existence. 


It is finally time to put an end to all of this I say to myself as I open the blade and place it on the edge to my wrist. The feeling of the cold steel on my skin, is the first time in a very long time that I could feel anything and I can honestly say that it is a welcoming feeling. Maybe I had finally found my true purpose in this world.


  I close my eyes reading for the sweet serenity that is to come. Finally I can get away from all this misery and suffering, I don’t have to worry about being a burden to others anymore. Yes! I am finally free.


I brace myself but was stopped by the sounds of a bird crying. It was like it was calling out to me. I open my eyes and look upon a raven who was by the river in front of me.


Why was this raven even here? Did it just come down here or was it there by fate?


It stares at me, continuing to call out to me. I’m not sure of what to do as it continues to cry out to me.


Why is this bird doing this to me? Can’t it see that I am nothing!? Why do you keep calling out to me!? WHY!?


The raven still calls out to me, I drop my knife and try to stand up trying to scare it away, but my body feels too weak. Why can’t you just leave me alone and die? Why do you keep calling out to me!? 

Stuck on all fours I gather whatever strength I can mustard and attempt to crawl my way toward the raven. I barely make it over to him but the raven move a little back away from me continuing his call. I power my way forward getting ever so closer to the raven only for it to again move away this time flying over to a rock in the river.


Why are mocking me? You just wanting to add insult to injury? Just leave me be!


The raven calls out to me again, but this time it was different as if I could actually understand him. 

“Come into the river,” The raven said to me. 


I must be dreaming. Is this really happening to me? Have I finally lost my mind? I’m talking to a damn raven, this can not be real.


“Come into the river,” It said again to me.


This is ridiculous, how can I listen to this damn bird? Why is he begging me to join him in the river? My body feels so heavy, there is no way I can make it to the river.


“You can make it!” The raven shouted out to me.


Amazing! Does this bird truly believe in me? Is he actually there for me? Did I finally find someone to call a friend? I can’t let this one get away.


With whatever strength I can grasp I continue crawling my way toward the river. Any time I felt like giving up, the raven kept pushing me to go on. Wow! This damn bird really cares for me, and can slowly begin feeling more and more powerful the closer I get to river.


As I touch the cold, refreshing water, I immediately was able to stand strong and walk to the raven. I thought to myself, I never had this feeling before, I feel so warm inside, I’ve never been so happy before in my life. I don’t ever want to lose this feeling ever!


I made to the raven and held out my hands as if on command for him to sit upon them which he happily obey and landing on my hands.


As I smilingly look onto the raven, I thank him for showing me my true power.


“Your welcome Master,” The raven replied to me. “But you are not yet at your full potential.”


I asked him Who are you? Why are you helping me?


“You can call me Kabal my master, for it was you who created me,” The raven replied. “But more importantly, I’m your friend.”


Kabal flies into the air and begins to go up stream.


“Please come with me master, let me show you your true power,” Kabal pleaded with me.


I smiled upon him and began my journey up the river. I say to Kabal, lead the way my friend. I see some fog in the distance but with each step I gladly walk toward it. Never will I let go this happiness I thought to myself. No one will ever take this away from me, I refuse to let anyone destroy my kingdom for it is a happy place. A place where I am no longer a burden to people but more of a light inside the darkness.


As I walk through the fog, I’m excited to begin my journey, but most of all, I’m free.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?