Martial Arts

 One of the things that I have always enjoyed watching and have mad respect for are people who have practiced martial arts.

My introduction to martial arts came in the form of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers back when I was little. Another big influence in my life was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles whether it be the video games, comic books and mostly the cartoon series.

Of course I love me some kung fu movies as well with such stars like Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Michael Jai White, etc. 

Heck! Even in video games like Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, Mortal Kombat, the Fight Night series, EA UFC series.

Another major factor for my love for martial arts was the debut of the Ultimate Fighter on what was then Spike TV. This show introduced me to such legends of the sport like Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell, Ken Shamrock and many others.

Pride Fighting Championships was another fun MMA Promotion to watch out of Japan. Seeing guys Dan Henderson, Wanderlei Silva, Josh Barnett, Don Frye and Dan Severn.

Boxing movies like Rocky were always fun to watch and seeing legends like Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, Micky Ward, Arturo Gatti in the ring was amazing.

There are so many different styles of martial arts from all over the world and it is truly incredible to see. I have mad respect for anyone who travels around the world to train the various of different disciplines.

I would love to say I learned a martial art in my lifetime. But I am a little concern about how my body would handle it due to my scoliosis and cerebral palsy. Plus, I don't really know where to go 😄. But I always enjoy watching martial arts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?