Is it ok to write Gothic Romance?

 One of things I usually end up writing about usually involve writing about dark gothic romantic stories. It has been a theme I've been basically writing for most of my life.

Honestly, I found a comfort in this style of writing but I have always seem to fight it as well. I often wonder why I am this way and is it bad?

I pray about it all the time. I recently looked back at some of my old writing and compare it with what I have been currently working on. And to be honest, it has really open my eyes and noticed feelings I didn't think I could have.

I've also noticed how detailed I can be when it comes to some of the things I had written and what currently working on. To be honest, I really enjoy writing it, but I am scared that I am being a weirdo or a creep.

Looking back I realized that one of the reasons why I enjoy writing gothic romance is the fact that I wish I could be like some of the characters I write about and it has really made me notice feelings that I never thought I have.

But there is a problem with all of this. I want to write and publish stories like this, but I am scared with how people will view me especially women. A lot of it comes from what I have dealt with in the past and now that I have been trying to face those issues, it has brought back some feelings and I am trying to handle those issues.

I am not really sure how to explain it, but writing these stories has brought something out of me that I didn't think I had and I want to explore more about these feelings.

For me, I am just trying to find out who I am and more importantly find self-acceptance and love. I pray that God understands because I can't lie to myself but more importantly I can't lie to him.

I wish I had more confidence to be more open with what I am trying to say. Maybe in time. Sorry if I am being weird, but I felt I needed to write about this. Hopefully as I continue on this journey, I will finally understand and have the confidence to be more open.

God Bless and Be Safe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lewistown Area High School Class of 2009

What's going on? Being honest with ourselves!

Is It Worth It To Keep Fighting?